BIFA Anglia - Regional Members' meeting (Dec 2019)
Starts: Thu. 12 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM
Venue: Holiday Inn Ipswich - Orwell, Gippeswick Suit, The Havens, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich. IP3 9SJ - Map
Members will get information on BIFA activity with HM Revenue and Customs and other Governmental/regulatory bodies at national level. Click title for more details.
There will be tea and coffee from 09.30hrs with the meeting starting at 10.00hrs.
- Matters arising from previous meeting July 11th 2019.
- Christos Galanopoulos BSc MDc IEng MICE, Route Manager (Suffolk), Highways England.
Christos will be giving an update on all the upgrades & maintenance that Highways England have currently planned.
- CDS update & Report on Customs Policy Group meeting December 5th to include Bicester/Milton Keynes but mainly covering BREXIT.
PN + Simon Finch + Darren Brundell.
- Felixstowe Port Users Association (FPUA).
- Karen Chapman, Transport East Group, Senior Officer.
Karen will be discussing the Transport East enquiry into reducing carbon emissions in freight movements.
- MCP Plc
- Report on Surface Policy Group of October 30th.
- Report on launch of the Young Forwarder Network in Anglia on November 13th.
- Report from Legal & Insurance Policy Group meeting of November 5th.
PN + other attendees.
- Local Issues/Forum/Social/Any other business.
Any presentations required.
- BIFA Anglia Regional Committee representations on the BIFA Council and National Policy Groups.
Simon Finch/Darren Brundell attend the BIFA Customs Policy Group.
Andy Wilding/Demi Duran attend the BIFA Surface Policy Group.
No representation on BIFA Council.
- Next meeting date.
February 20th 2020 at the Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell.
Guest speaker, Steve Bartlett, Chairman, Association of Freight Software Suppliers (AFSS).
- Buffet lunch.
Prior notification to attend is needed so if you are interested contact your Consultant to BIFA, Paul Newman at email@example.com.