BIFA Anglia - Regional Members' meeting (Feb 2020)
Starts: Thu. 20 Feb 2020 at 10:00 AM
Venue: Holiday Inn Ipswich - Orwell, The Havens, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich. IP3 9SJ - Map
Members will get information on BIFA activity with HM Revenue and Customs and other Governmental/regulatory bodies at national level. Click title for more details.
There will be tea and coffee from 09:30 hours with the meeting starting at 10:00 hours.
- Matters arising from previous meeting December 12 2019.
- Presentation by Steve Bartlett, Chairman of the Association of Freight Software Suppliers (AFSS).
Steve will be updating us on the views of his 32 members who provide forwarding & custom entry software to virtually all our members
- CDS update & Report on Customs Policy Group meeting February 13th to include Milton Keynes but mainly covering BREXIT.
PN + Simon Finch + Darren Brundell.
- Felixstowe Port Users Association (FPUA).
- Report on anti-Trophy Hunting Legislation & Freight Forwarders.
- Update by Seetec Outsource on apprenticeship funding for SME’s.
- Update on proposed meeting March 2nd with Kevin Franklin Director of Customs Transformation re CDS.
Jason Flower + PN.
- Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, Transport & Infrastructure Board, A14 upgrade, Suffolk & Norfolk LEP.
- MCP Plc.
- Report on Surface Policy Group meeting February 12th & FDRC meeting of February 11th.
- Report Young Forwarders Network + Suffolk Skills Festival October 14th 2020.
- Local issues/Forum/Social/Any other business.
Any presentations required?
- BIFA Anglia Regional Committee representatives on the BIFA Council and National Policy Groups.
Simon Finch/Darren Brundell attend the BIFA Customs Policy Group. Andy Wilding attends the BIFA Surface Policy Group. No representation on BIFA Council.
- Next meeting date.
10:00 hours, 21st May 2020 at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell. Guest Speaker Richard Stewart CE Training for Life
Prior notification to attend is needed so if you are interested contact your Consultant to BIFA, Paul Newman at email@example.com.