BIFA Kent & East Sussex - Regional Members' Meeting (Feb 2020)
Starts: Tue. 25 Feb 2020 at 10:00 AM
Venue: Best Western Plus, Dover Marina Hotel & Spa, Dover Waterfront, Waterloo Crescent, Dover. CT17 9BP - Map
Members will get information on BIFA activity with HM Revenue and Customs and other Governmental/regulatory bodies at national level. Click title for more details.
There will be tea and coffee from 09:30 hours with the meeting starting at 10:00 hours.
- Welcome, introductions & apologies.
Chairman Richard Catt
- Presentation by Steve Bartlett, Chairman of the Association of Freight Software Suppliers (AFSS).
Steve will be updating us on the views of his 32 members who provide forwarding & custom entry software to virtually all our members
- CDS update & Report on the Customs Policy Group meeting Feb. 13th to include Bicester/Milton Keynes & Hayes.
PN + any members who attended the Feb. 13th meeting.
- Port Health.
Lucy Manzano/Jenny Allsop, Port Health Officer, Dover District Council
- Young Forwarders Network.
Carl Hobbis will give an update on the nationwide YFN meetings & is looking for the KES group to support the 7th YFN launch in Dover.
- Border Force.
Tony Tutt, Border Force South East & Europe Exit Team Lead
- Report on Surface Policy Group meeting Sep.12th.
PN+ any members who attended the Sep. 12th meeting.
- Local issues/Forum/Social/Any other business.
Any presentations required?
- BIFA KES Regional Committee representatives on the BIFA Council and National Policy Groups.
Richard Catt/Terry Clear/Mark Corby/Oliver Howell attend the BIFA Customs Policy Group. Steve Wilson attends the BIFA Surface Policy Group. Richard Catt represents KES on the BIFA Council.
- The next meeting date.
10:00 hours, 27th May 2020 at the Dover Marina Hotel.
- The meeting will be followed by a buffet lunch for discussion & networking.
Prior notification to attend is needed so if you are interested contact your Consultant to BIFA, Paul Newman at email@example.com.