Heathrow Strike Action
Three strikes are planned at Heathrow during July and August.
- 4,000 Heathrow staff including security guards and engineers are planning to strike in a dispute over pay
- The dates of intended strikes are: 26th & 27th July, 5th & 6th Aug, 23rd & 24th Aug
- Each of these strikes is planned for 48 hours, starting at 00:01 on day 1 and finish at 23:59 on day 2
- BIFA will advise Members of any changes to the above dates
- Maintaining Safety & Security are the priority, so any changes to normal operations will be risk assessed
- It is not known how many security staff will attend work, so efforts will be made to minimise traffic through Control Posts
- Airlines will be asked to close the demand and supply gap by moving freight away from these days and moving as little as possible
BIFA recommends that members should monitor the situation and speak to their Carriers to decide what actions are necessary to avoid disruption and delays to cargo during these strikes.