Downtime on ALVS (Automatic Licence Verification Service) 11.12.2022
Due to essential maintenance, the Automatic Licence Verification Service (ALVS) will be affected between 8:00 and 21:00 on Sunday 11th December 2022
Please see below the detailed message received from HMRC:
We are writing to let you know that we will be carrying out essential maintenance on the service between 8am and 9pm on Sunday 11 December 2022.
During this period process declarations lodged on either Customs Declaration Service (CDS) or Customs Handling of Import Export Freight (CHIEF) requiring approval through the Automatic License Verification System (ALVS) will not be automatically processed.
This will affect those who move live animals and fresh produce. During this downtime we will be using manual processes to clear movements at the borders, which may take slightly longer than usual.
We are therefore asking traders to try and avoid moving goods during this timeframe and consider moving goods on other days.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Trader steps to take:
If traders cannot arrange movements outside of this timeframe, then they will be asked to:
- Start the journey as normal.
- Send requests for clearance direct to National Clearance Hub (NCH) in line with the guidelines below:
- NCH is authorised to manually clear all live animals requiring Common Health Entry Document (CHED).
- Procedure for Electronic Application for Certificates from the Horticultural Marketing Inspectorate (PEACH) / eDomero remain unaffected, therefore NCH is authorised to clear all Plant Health and Seed Inspectorate (PHSI) / Horticulture Market Inspectorate (HMI) regulated goods on presentation of Conformity Certificates, Phytosanitary Certificates and QRC’s.
- NCH is authorised to clear all consignments of products requiring CHED.
ALVS users should use the request for manual release form found on GOV.UK and submit a fully completed CHED with the request to NCH. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/import-and-export-alvs-manual-release-form