BTEC Intermediate Award in Customs Export and Import Procedures
The content of the following has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles
A five-day course this is a Diploma originally developed by BIFA with HM Customs & Excise in line with their long-term freight policy. Accredited by BTEC (Business & Technology Education Council) from 2005.
Duration is 4 to 6 weeks commencing on the date shown. The course encompasses five days attendance, spread equally over the period, including work-based assignments and projects.
- Customs role in international trade
- The Customs tariff
- Classification of goods
- Incoterms and Customs valuation
- Customs handling of international trade
- The Harmonised System of Classification
- NES - The National Export System
- Export licensing
- Customs documentation and declarations
- Export Customs Procedure Codes
- The ATA Carnet
- Origin of goods and Customs
- Outward Processing (OP) application and operation
- Import Customs Procedure Codes
- Custom Freight Simplified Procedures and imports
- Duty and VAT calculation
- Payment of duty and VAT
- Import licensing and tariff quotas
- Anti-dumping Duty
- The C105 and valuation
- Inwards Processing (IP) application and operation
- Excise duty calculation
- Return Goods Relief
- The Common Agricultural Policy
- VAT and international trade
- Community transit and NCTS
- Customs warehousing
- Customs and EU trade – Intrastats and REDS (Registered Excise Dealers and Shippers)
- AEO - Authorised Economic Operator; types & advantages / disadvantages
- Researching Customs operations
- Customs declarations and reporting for specific regimes
- Customs and customer communications
- Project – Customs and international trade procedures
A five-day course 09:30 - 16:30 hours, attendance is required on all five dates
“Most people should attend this course”
“Brilliant trainer, keeps people engaged and is very knowledgeable”
“A well balanced course, good content covering all aspects of import, export and customs procedures. Well put together, easy to understand.”
“The course is well constructed and flowed very well”
“An ideal course to gain a wider understanding of customs procedures”
- 100% of delegates would recommend this course to others
- 100% of delegates said what they learnt on this course will help with their day-to-day work
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.