BTEC Intermediate Award in Customs Export and Import Procedures - Live
All 2021 dates are now sold out - 2022 dates now available
All our interactive training courses are delivered via Zoom and feature live trainers with over 25 years freight and customs experience.
Originally developed by BIFA with input from HM Customs this BTEC accredited course has evolved to cover the export and import Customs procedures of today. Over four tutor-led training days delegates will gain an understanding of Customs terminology, procedures and regimes through presentations, group work, work-based assignments and projects. To complete the course there will be a 90-minute assessment on a separate date to suit the delegate.
Please note that if you book this course there is no need to undertake our Customs Essentials as well. Alternatively, you can combine with either our Freight Forwarding Essentials or our online Customs Declaration Training, prior to undertaking this course.
BIFA is currently experiencing very high demand for BTEC and Essentials training courses and available places on courses are extremely limited or no longer available. Whilst the website may allow you to book places, this is not a guarantee or confirmation of those places. New dates will be added as soon as they become available.
Duration is 4 to 8 weeks commencing on the date shown.
All delegates will receive a workbook covering all modules, which are spread equally over the period including, work-based assignments and projects. Delegates must attend all confirmed dates.
Click here to download the Course Information Sheet
The content of the following has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles
- Customs role in international trade
- The Customs tariff
- Classification of goods
- Incoterms and Customs valuation
- Customs handling of international trade
- The Harmonised System of Classification
- NES - The National Export System
- Export licensing
- Customs documentation and declarations
- Export Customs Procedure Codes
- The ATA Carnet
- Origin of goods and Customs
- Outward Processing (OP) application and operation
- Import Customs Procedure Codes
- Custom Freight Simplified Procedures and imports
- Duty and VAT calculation
- Payment of duty and VAT
- Import licensing and tariff quotas
- Anti-dumping Duty
- The C105 and valuation
- Inwards Processing (IP) application and operation
- Excise duty calculation
- Return Goods Relief
- The Common Agricultural Policy
- VAT and international trade
- Community transit and NCTS
- Customs warehousing
- Customs and EU trade – Intrastats and REDS (Registered Excise Dealers and Shippers)
- AEO - Authorised Economic Operator; types & advantages / disadvantages
- Researching Customs operations
- Customs declarations and reporting for specific regimes
- Customs and customer communications
- Project – Customs and international trade procedures
A four-day course and attendance is required on all four dates.
Following completion of the course dates, an assessment will need to be undertaken to complete the qualification. The assessment will be a 90 minute Zoom session with dates to be agreed with the trainer at the end of the training.
BIFA Training Enquiry Form
All BIFA Training courses are subject to availability.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice. Full details of payment options are
available upon request. A Booking Confirmation will be issued via email including Joining Instructions and a set
of the agreed Terms and Conditions.
Non-members must submit payment before places are confirmed. A secure payment request will be issued and sent via email.
The payment link will allow immediate payment by Credit and Debit card or includes bank details for electronic transfer.
Upon receipt of full payment a Booking Confirmation will be issued via email including Joining Instructions and a set of
the agreed Terms and Conditions.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.