BTEC Intermediate Award in Customs Export and Import Procedures - Live
All our interactive training courses are delivered via Zoom and feature live trainers with over 25 years freight and customs experience.
A four-day course this is a Diploma originally developed by BIFA with HM Customs & Excise in line with their long-term freight policy. This is a Nationally recognised qualification which is accredited by Edexcel at BTEC Level 2. Successful candidates receive two certificates, one from Edexcel and one from BIFA.
BIFA is currently experiencing very high demand for BTEC and Essentials training courses and available places on courses are extremely limited or no longer available. Whilst the website may allow you to book places, this is not a guarantee or confirmation of those places. New dates will be added as soon as they become available.
CUSTOMS INTERMEDIARY GRANT:
With the additional £50 million government funding scheme made available for all customs intermediaries and traders completing customs declarations and the aim of the grants to support training and the upgrade of IT systems.
This course is eligible for the funding and is aimed at those who want to gain a qualification in Customs regulations and export/import processes.
Duration is 4 to 8 weeks commencing on the date shown.
All delegates will receive a workbook covering all modules, which are spread equally over the period including, work-based assignments and projects. Delegates must attend all confirmed dates.
The content of the following has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles
- Customs role in international trade
- The Customs tariff
- Classification of goods
- Incoterms and Customs valuation
- Customs handling of international trade
- The Harmonised System of Classification
- NES - The National Export System
- Export licensing
- Customs documentation and declarations
- Export Customs Procedure Codes
- The ATA Carnet
- Origin of goods and Customs
- Outward Processing (OP) application and operation
- Import Customs Procedure Codes
- Custom Freight Simplified Procedures and imports
- Duty and VAT calculation
- Payment of duty and VAT
- Import licensing and tariff quotas
- Anti-dumping Duty
- The C105 and valuation
- Inwards Processing (IP) application and operation
- Excise duty calculation
- Return Goods Relief
- The Common Agricultural Policy
- VAT and international trade
- Community transit and NCTS
- Customs warehousing
- Customs and EU trade – Intrastats and REDS (Registered Excise Dealers and Shippers)
- AEO - Authorised Economic Operator; types & advantages / disadvantages
- Researching Customs operations
- Customs declarations and reporting for specific regimes
- Customs and customer communications
- Project – Customs and international trade procedures
A four-day course and attendance is required on all four dates.
Following completion of the course dates, an assessment will need to be undertaken to complete the qualification. The assessment will be a 90 minute Zoom session with dates to be agreed with the trainer at the end of the training.
BIFA Training Enquiry Form
All BIFA Training courses are subject to availability.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice. Full details of payment options are
available upon request. A Booking Confirmation will be issued via email including Joining Instructions and a set
of the agreed Terms and Conditions.
Non-members must submit payment before places are confirmed. A secure payment request will be issued and sent via email.
The payment link will allow immediate payment by Credit and Debit card or includes bank details for electronic transfer.
Upon receipt of full payment a Booking Confirmation will be issued via email including Joining Instructions and a set of
the agreed Terms and Conditions.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.