Infectious Substances by Air
This is a two day course offering specialist training for the carriage of infectious substances and diagnostic specimens under Class 6.2. The course is designed for students who are new to the subject and for those who are updating their knowledge with the refresher training requirements.
The course objectives are:
- Understand their legal responsibilities
- Locate information from all sections of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Locate State and Operator Variations
- Select the Proper Shipping Name from the List of Dangerous Goods
- Locate and identify information shown on the Shipper's Declaration and the Air Waybill
- Select the correct packing using the Packing Instructions and the General Packing Requirements
- Correctly mark and label a package in compliance with Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Check a Dangerous Goods Acceptance Check List
The course is fully approved by the Civil Aviation Authority.
0900 - 1700 hours
Many courses are repeated during the year, to see a complete list of available dates for this course please visit the course description page for Infectious Substances by Air
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.