BTEC Intermediate Award in Multimodal International Freight Procedures - Live
All our interactive training courses are delivered via Zoom and feature live trainers with over 25 years freight and customs experience.
This is a four-day course designed for anyone involved in any part of the freight process – forwarders, integrators, intermediaries, agents, shippers, carriers and operators in all modes, importers, exporters, distributors and logisticians. This is a Nationally recognised qualification which is accredited by Edexcel at BTEC Level 2. Successful candidates receive two certificates, one from Edexcel and one from BIFA.
Duration is 4 to 8 weeks commencing on the date shown.
All delegates will receive a workbook covering all modules, which are spread equally over the period including, work-based assignments and projects. Delegates must attend all confirmed dates.
- Route and transport mode selection
- Key documentary requirements
- Packing and marking
- Modes and documentary requirements
- International trade and payments
- Documentation – its role in international movement
- Physical cargo movement
- Dangerous goods overview
- Cargo booking procedures
- The role of Customs
- Goods classification
- Customs regimes
- Duty calculation for imports
- Export procedures
- Import procedures
- Effect of the European Union on Customs procedures
- Weight to volume comparison
- Incoterms effect on costing
- Tariff structures and consolidations / groupages
- Freight calculations
- Commodity rates and general tariffs
- Detailing all the freight costs
- Detailing the supply chain door-to-door documentation
- Customer advice and options on mode selection
- Service improvements – improving the supply chain
A four-day course and attendance is required on all four dates.
Following completion of the course dates, an assessment will need to be undertaken to complete the qualification. The assessment will be a 90 minute Zoom session with dates to be agreed with the trainer at the end of the training.
Training Course Booking Form
Course bookings for Non members must be paid for before your places are reserved. Once we have confirmed payment
you will be sent course details and joining instructions.
Please enter your organisations BIFA Member Number in the box below to auto-complete the form. If the number is not known or
your organisation is not a BIFA member then complete the required details by hand.
BIFA Members may choose to pay immediately or can choose to pay by invoice.
Full details of how to make payment will be sent to you.
To return to the course description you can close this form at any time, details already entered will not be lost.
Note: Items marked with a * must be supplied.