Young Forwarder Network (YFN)
If you’re new to the industry and keen to develop your knowledge and professional skills, BIFA’s new Young Forwarder Network could provide the perfect opportunity.
Consisting of several regional networking groups, the new scheme provides members with the chance to network with their peers, learn from industry professionals and boost their continuous professional development.
Membership is free and some of the benefits include:
- 20% discount off all Freight and Customs training for apprentices
- Advance notification about BIFA organised events
- The opportunity to expand your network of business contacts
- Chair and vice-chair to receive one free ticket to the BIFA awards
- Provide opportunities for future involvement in regional, national BIFA networks and policy groups
- The opportunity to learn new and essential business skills
- Support your local community
- The opportunity to join your regional organising committee
All apprentices completing the International Freight Forwarding standard will automatically be enrolled and membership is open to anyone.
All groups are managed by a chair and vice-chair and are supported by at least two regional employers, who will be responsible for the budget along with a BIFA representative.
The main aims of the groups are to:
- Broaden industry and business knowledge
- Network with industry colleagues
- Learn other skills
- Promote the industry to the local community
- Have fun! Events to be held in a more relaxed, fun and sociable environment
For more information contact Carl Hobbis, Training Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org